– USA, MA – Foghorn Therapeutics Inc., a company advancing an entirely new class of medicines targeting diseases with genetically determined dependencies in the chromatin regulatory system, today appointed Scott Biller, Ph.D., to its Board of Directors.
Dr. Biller has more than 30 years of drug discovery and development experience at Agios Pharmaceuticals, Novartis Pharmaceuticals and Bristol Myers Squibb.
“Given the continued breadth of opportunity to drug the chromatin regulatory system, we are thrilled to have such an experienced drug hunter and developer join our board,” said Adrian Gottschalk, President and CEO. “Scott will augment our already high caliber board. We look forward to his engagement as we transition our first few programs to the clinic.”
Dr. Biller joins existing board members, including
- Doug Cole, M.D., Founder of Foghorn Therapeutics and Managing Partner of Flagship Pioneering;
- José Baselga, M.D., Ph.D., EVP of Research & Development, Oncology at AstraZeneca;
- Simba Gill, Ph.D., President and CEO Evelo Biosciences;
- Cigall Kadoch, Ph.D., Founder of Foghorn Therapeutics and Assistant Professor, Dana-Farber & Broad Institute;
- Adam Koppel, M.D., Ph.D., Managing Director at Bain Capital;
- Michael Mendelsohn, M.D., Chairman and Founder of Cardurion Pharmaceuticals;
- Adrian Gottschalk.
About Scott Biller
During his career, Dr. Biller contributed to the discovery and development of five approved medicines: JUXTAPID for familial hypercholesterolemia, ONGLYZA and FARXIGA for Type 2 diabetes, and IDHIFA and TIBSOVO for acute myeloid leukemia harboring an IDH2 and IDH1 mutation, respectively, as well as two new chemical entities that are currently in pivotal trials. Dr. Biller earned a B.S. in chemistry at MIT, a Ph.D. in organic chemistry at Caltech and was an NIH Postdoctoral Fellow at Columbia University.
“I am honored to join Foghorn’s Board of Directors and look forward to contributing insights around drug discovery and development as the company’s programs progress towards the clinic,” said Dr. Biller. “Foghorn’s Gene Traffic Control Product Platform is continuing to yield promising targets and molecules that can regulate gene expression with a novel approach, and I’m excited to advise on how to realize the full potential of this innovative science.”
About Foghorn Therapeutics
Through its Gene Traffic Control Product Platform, Foghorn Therapeutics is discovering and developing an unprecedented class of medicines targeting diseases with genetically determined dependencies in the chromatin regulatory system. The Company, currently pre-clinical stage, is rapidly advancing over 10 programs across a wide range of cancers and is beginning to explore other diseases.
The chromatin regulatory system orchestrates the movement of molecules that turn genes on and off. Disease dependencies associated with chromatin dysregulation are estimated to impact over 2.5 million cancer patients in G7 countries and chromatin dysregulation is further implicated in neurological, autoimmune, and other serious diseases. Foghorn’s proprietary Gene Traffic Control Product Platform is based on the Company’s unique insights into the chromatin regulatory system and enables highly scalable drug discovery and development efforts.
Foghorn, a Flagship Pioneering company, was founded in 2016 by Cigall Kadoch, Ph.D., Gerald Crabtree, M.D., and Doug Cole, M.D., of Flagship Pioneering.
For more information: https://foghorntx.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.