– SWITZERLAND, Zug – Colendi, the microfinance-focused credit scoring solution for the unbanked and underbanked, today announced their initial funding from early investors as well as the addition of strategic advisors to the team.
Colendi raised $2.5 million from early investors including Aslanoba Capital, Bogazici Ventures, and Next Ventures. Proceeds will support general business operations as well as the development of key products including the Colendi app.
In addition to ongoing foundational support from industry-leading infrastructure technology organizations ConsenSysand Token Foundry, the Colendi team continues its strong growth trajectory with the addition of numerous strategic partners bringing expertise in fintech, blockchain and mobile technology and product development.
- Nico Jose “Nix” Nolledo, chairman and former CEO of Xurpas Inc., one of the Philippines’ largest technology firms. As founder and CEO of ODX, Xurpas’ Singapore-based wholly-owned subsidiary that has businesses involving blockchain, he brings his goal of providing free access to the internet to mobile consumers in emerging markets.
- Baris Ozistek is CEO of Netmarble EMEA, a top 10 global PC and Mobile game developer and publisher. Ozistek has a demonstrated history of leading successful brands in the fintech, online gaming and venture building sectors.
- Oguz Serdar, co-founder and CEO at Limk, content distribution and discovery platform that helps websites grow traffic and engage audiences, has a background in product development, user experience and business development.
- Sinan Koç – Currently in a leadership role with Token Foundry and ConsenSys, Koç is a widely-respected expert and entrepreneur in the finance and fintech arena. Earlier, he was the co-founder of peer-to-peer money transfer company Geld and co-founder at location-based messaging startup Radius. He holds a degree from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as Turkey’s prestigious Koç School.
“These investments will enable us to pursue our vision of redefining the credit scoring market and enable us to help the approximately 3 billion unbanked and underbanked worldwide to enter the financial ecosystem,” said Bulent Tekmen, co-founder and CEO of Colendi.
Tekmen added, “These advisors will work alongside us as strategic partners to Colendi. As we continue to expand our activities and area of influence, each partner will play a crucial role in our growth. We consider it a great privilege to have such amazing leaders join as they will be key assets to our growing team.”
The partners join an already impressive roster of advisors:
- Vamshi Ambati, founder and CEO of Predera
- Deniz Devrim Cengiz, Group Director of Digital Banking at TEB
- Ram Chari, Global Head and President of FSS
- Ogeday Karahan, Executive Director – Business Development at EY
- Can Kisagun, co-founder Enigma
- Arda Kutsal, founder and CEO of Webrazzi
- Emre Tekisalp, Business Development at Coinbase
Colendi is a blockchain-based, decentralized credit evaluation and microcredit protocol, fully compatible with traditional banking requirements and financing methods. Using modern and fully secure evaluation methods, Colendi credit scoring serves as a bridge between lenders and borrowers, enabling the unbanked and underbanked to fully participate in the banking system through microfinancing. The Colendi solution works in real-time and on a global scale.
For more information, visit www.colendi.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.