– CANADA, Toronto / COLOMBIA, Bogotá – Blueberries Medical Corp. (CSE:BBM | OTC:BBRRF | FRA:1OA), a leading Colombia-based licensed producer of medicinal cannabis and cannabis-derived products, today announced the appointment of Fabio Valencia Cossio, a former Colombian Minister, Senator and Ambassador to Italy with extensive strategic international business experience to its board of directors.
“We are honored to welcome Mr. Valencia to our board of directors and are confident that his vast experience in public policy and international business will be a valuable addition to our leadership team,” stated Christian Toro, Chief Executive Officer. “His appointment will create competitive advantages through his established track record of success guiding global companies in rapidly evolving regulatory environments. As we look to expand globally and enter new jurisdictions, Mr. Valencia’s international relationships and experience navigating foreign regulatory environments will be invaluable.”
About Fabio Valencia
Mr. Valencia practiced as a lawyer after graduating from the University of Antioquia before being elected to Colombian congress in 1982. His extensive tenure in public office includes service in the following appointments:
• Minister of the Interior and Justice of Colombia
• Ambassador to Italy with dual accreditation to Greece, Malta, San Marino and Cyprus
• Representative of Colombia to the United Nations Agency in Rome
• High Presidential Adviser for Competitiveness and Productivity
• President of the Congress of the Republic of Colombia
• Senator and Member of House of Colombia Representatives
• Member of the National Council of Narcotic Drugs
• Presidential Commissioner for the Plan Puebla-Panama
• Colombian Representative, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
• Peace Negotiator, Colombian Government and FARC
• Minister Delegate for Presidential Functions of Colombia
Since his tenure with the government, Mr. Valencia has been very active in the private sector where he currently provides legal and commercial consulting services to an extensive group of large multinational companies looking to grow their operations in South America. He is currently engaged with consumer product companies including Diageo plc, Pernod Ricard S.A. and Bacardi Limited. Mr. Valencia has also advised Ribera Salud Spain, a leading provider of health insurance services and Indra Sistemas S.A., Grupo Tradeco, Gilat Satellite Networks, Pacific Rubiales and Gran Colombia Gold.
“I look forward to joining the Blueberries team as they continue to execute on their impressive growth strategy and show their leadership in the Colombian market and abroad,” stated Mr. Valencia. “I am confident I will be able to add value as we become a dominant regional player in Latin America and expand internationally.”
Mr. Valencia’s distinguished political career spanned 40 years over which time he was an integral member of numerous significant political accomplishments. As Ambassador to Italy, Mr. Valencia achieved the highest level of diplomatic, commercial and cultural relations. The following is a few of his many achievements. As Minister of the Interior and Justice of Colombia, Mr. Valencia designed a comprehensive policy against the world drug problem and redesigned the national narcotics program. He also designed and implemented several important policies for the protection of human rights as well as a monitoring system for the legislative activity of the National Government in the Congress of Colombia. During his time in the High Council for Competitiveness, he helped to create and implement the national competitiveness system, recognized by the private sector as a great instrument for investment and business development and infrastructure in all regions of the country. Mr. Valencia was also instrumental with the Puebla-Panama Plan, “the Mesoamerica Project”, helping to have Colombia accepted as a full partner in the Mexico-Central America regional block, generating new multilateral opportunities for the Country. As an author he Mr. Valencia has written, “Towards a New Municipality” (1985), “Chronicles of Courage” (1994), “Asia: The Future” (1996), and “Formulas to Save Colombia” (1996). He also co-authored “Freedom of the Press in Colombia”, “Solutions for the Countryside”, and “Insecurity and Impunity in Colombia”, among others.
Mr. Valencia is also a former President of the Shalom Association (Cultural Exchange with Israel) and a Member of the Colombo-Israel Cultural Institute based in Jerusalem.
In recognition of his service, Mr. Valencia has been distinguished with a number of prestigious honors including:
• Order of San Carlos granted by the National Government of Colombia
• Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (Knight of Grand Cross) granted by the Italian Republic
• Order of the Congress of Colombia Gran Cruz degree with gold plaque granted by the Senate
About Blueberries Medical Corp.
Blueberries is a Colombia-based licensed producer of naturally grown premium quality cannabis with its primary operations ideally located in the Bogotá Savannah of central Colombia. Led by a specialized team with proprietary expertise in agriculture, genetics, extraction, medicine, pharmacology and marketing, Blueberries is fully licensed for the cultivation, production, domestic distribution, and international export of CBD and THC-based medical cannabis. Blueberries’ combination of leading scientific expertise, agricultural advantages and distribution arrangements has positioned the Company to become a leading international supplier of naturally grown, processed, and standardized medicinal-grade cannabis oil extracts and related products.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.