– INDIA, Mumbai – Axis Bank Limited (LON: AXB) today announced that its Board of Directors:
- approved the re-appointment of Shri Rajiv Anand as the Executive Director of the Bank for a period of 3 years, with effect from 4th August 2019 up to 3rd August 2022.
- approved the re-appointment of Shri Rajesh Dahiya as the Executive Director of the Bank for a period of 3 years, with effect from 4th August 2019 upto 3rd August 2022.
- approved the appointment of Shri Pralay Mondal as a Director and as a Whole-Time Director designated as the “Executive Director” of the Bank for a period of 3 years, with effect from 1st August 2019 up to 31st July 2022.
About Shri Rajiv Anand – Executive Director of Wholesale Banking
Shri Rajiv Anand, 53 years, joined the Bank on 1st May 2013 from its Asset Management arm, Axis Asset Management Co. Ltd., where he was the Managing Director & CEO.
He was appointed as the President and was thereafter elevated as the Group Executive of the Bank in 2014. He was appointed as the Executive Director of the Bank, w.e.f. 4th August 2016. Subsequently, he took over as the Executive Director of the Bank, with effect from 21st December 2018.
Over a career spanning more than 28 years, Shri Rajiv Anand has focused on various facets of the financial services industry having held key management positions at leading global financial institutions. He has also been very successful as a debt fund manager and has won several accolades for the same. He brings strength in capital markets and building new businesses to his responsibilities at the Bank.
Shri Rajiv Anand is a Commerce graduate and a Chartered Accountant by qualification.
About Shri Rajesh Dahiya – Executive Director of Corporate Centre
Shri Rajesh Dahiya, 51 years, was appointed as a Director of the Bank on 12th May 2016 and thereafter as the Executive Director of the Bank, w.e.f. 4th August 2016. Prior to his appointment as the Executive Director of the Bank, he was the Group Executive & Head – Corporate Centre of the Bank. He is a qualified engineer with a Masters in Management from Punjab University.
Before joining the Bank on 1st June 2010, he was associated with Tata Group for 20 years where he handled various responsibilities across functions such as agricultural input distribution, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Exports, Distribution, and Institutional Sales.
In his current role, he supervises all functions under Corporate Centre viz. Internal Audit, Human Resources, Compliance, Company Secretary, Corporate Communications, Administration & Security, Corporate Real Estate Services, Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics & Sustainability, and Law. In addition, Shri Dahiya also oversees the functioning of the Axis Bank Foundation.
About Shri Pralay Mondal – Executive Director of Retail Banking
Shri Pralay Mondal, 53 years, is an engineer from IIT, Kharagpur and a management graduate from IIM, Calcutta. He has rich and varied experience of over 30 years in Retail Banking, Business Banking, Products and Technology.
Before joining Axis Bank, Shri Pralay Mondal was Senior Group President – Retail & Business Banking at YES Bank Limited. He was entrusted with the responsibility of building the entire Retail Franchise of YES Bank, which included entire Retail Liability, Branch Banking, Retail Assets, Retail Fees and Payments Franchise including Credit Cards and Merchant Acquiring. He was also overseeing the Rural Banking Assets, PSL Portfolio, Micro Finance businesses & SME/Business Banking.
Shri Pralay Mondal created a robust scalable franchise through the best in class and committed senior leadership team, and built a strong delivery channel through technology and operations which was the backbone to support the business growth. Shri Pralay Mondal also used to frequently meet the Investors and Analysts and have been part of the core group engaging with relevant people in India or overseas to represent the YES Bank for raising capital. He was on the Board of YES Securities Limited, wholly owned subsidiary of YES Bank.
Before joining YES BANK, Shri Pralay Mondal was Group Head, Retail Assets & Payments Business at HDFC Bank, prior to which he had built the Liability Sales Franchise in HDFC Bank. He was also on the Board of HDB Financial and HBL Global, holding Sales Company of HDFC Bank. Shri Pralay Mondal was part of the 4 members of Senior Management Team, comprising of the MD, ED, and CFO of HDFC Bank, who used to interact with Global and Local Investors and Analysts.
Shri Pralay Mondal started his career as a Management Trainee in Colgate Palmolive and also worked in Wipro Infotech and Digital Equipment Limited before taking up his career in Banking with Standard Chartered Bank in 1996.
For more information: http://www.axisbank.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.