– RUSSIA, Tolyatti – AVTOVAZ elected new board members Thursday at its annual general shareholder meeting.
The following were elected to the Board of the Directors for the first time:
- Vladimir Avetisyan, Deputy Chairman of the Board of ROSNANO MC
- Denis Le Vot, Renault Group Senior Vice President, Chairman of Eurasia Region
- Nicolas Maure, President of AVTOVAZ
- Stefan Mueller, Renault Group Executive Vice President and Chief Performance Officer
- Eduard Vaino, Vice President for Government and Shareholder Relations of AVTOVAZ.
The following directors continue to serve on the Board of Directors of AVTOVAZ:
- Thierry Bolloré, Groupe Renault Executive Vice President, Chief Competitive Officer
- Igor Zavyalov, Rostec Deputy General Director
- Sergey Zaitsev, AVTOVAZ Trade Union Committee Chairman
- Sergey Kogogin, KAMAZ General Director
- Trevor Mann, Nissan, Chief Performance Officer
- Jérémie Papin, Groupe Renault Vice President for Strategy and Business Development
- Joseph Peter, Nissan, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Andrey Sapelin, VNESHEKONOMBANK First Deputy Chairman
- Dominique Thormann, Special Advisor Alliance Renault-Nissan
At the board meeting following the annual shareholder meeting, Sergey Skvortsov, Deputy General Director of Rostec, was elected as Chairman of the Board of AVTOVAZ. Denis Le Vot was elected as Vice Chairman.
Carlos Ghosn, Chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, and Sergey Chemezov, Rostec’s CEO, will continue to play an active role in the company’s strategy through Alliance Rostec Auto BV, the holding company that is the majority stakeholder of AVTOVAZ.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance has a majority stake in Alliance Rostec Auto BV. Vehicles carrying the Renault, Nissan, Datsun and Lada brands are built in Togliatti and at other plants throughout Russia.
The AVTOVAZ Board of Directors reviewed the company’s midterm plan, which aims to achieve a 20 percent share in Russia’s automotive market, to increase exports and drive all necessary actions for the company’s financial recovery.
About The Renault-Nissan Alliance:
The Renault-Nissan Alliance is a strategic partnership between Paris-based Renault and Yokohama, Japan-based Nissan, which together sell one in 10 cars worldwide. The companies, which have been strategic partners since 1999, sold 8.5 million cars in nearly 200 countries in 2015. The Alliance also operates strategic collaborations with other automakers including Germany’s Daimler, China’s Dongfeng, and Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. The Alliance has a majority stake in the joint venture that owns Russia’s top automaker, AVTOVAZ.
About JSC AVTOVAZ
JSC AVTOVAZ Togliatti is the largest capacity manufacturing plant of the Renault-Nissan Alliance in Russia and one of the biggest in the world. It is the only plant among the Alliance’s 46 plants that produces four Alliance brands (LADA, Renault, Nissan and Datsun). In the second half of 2015, AVTOVAZ started assembly of LADA Vesta and LADA XRAY in the Izhvesk and Togliatti plants; these cars will assure complete renewal of LADA brand and new prospects for its development.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.