– UK – Avacta Group plc (AIM: AVCT), the global provider of proprietary diagnostic tools, consumables and reagents for human and animal healthcare, is pleased to announce that Craig Slater has joined the Board as Chief Operating Officer with immediate effect.
Mr Slater has more than 25 years experience of commercial, operational and group management roles in specialist engineering, construction, software and marketing groups. More specifically this experience includes the supply of specialist equipment to Life Science clients, B2B service provision and the implementation of growth plans in SME businesses. Mr Slater has been working with Avacta since June 2012, primarily in a commercial and operational capacity within Avacta Analytical and latterly within Avacta Animal Health.
Commenting on the appointment, Alastair Smith, Chief Executive of Avacta said: “The Board is delighted that Craig is joining the Group as Chief Operating Officer. We have already benefited greatly from his experience since he joined us in 2012 and his operational and strategic input will be invaluable in the future.”
Mr Slater does not hold any ordinary shares, or options over ordinary shares, in the Company.
About Avacta Group plc
Avacta Group plc is a global provider of innovative technologies, consumables and reagents for the life science markets, from drug discovery to diagnostics. Avacta operates through three divisions:
- Avacta Analytical – High throughput analysis instrument, Optim, to help reduce the cost and risk of drug development.
- Avacta Animal Health – Veterinary diagnostics reference laboratory, diagnostic kits and newly launched in-clinic blood analyser, Sensipod.
- Avacta Life Sciences – Novel non-antibody affinity reagents called Affimers, with a wide range of Life Science applications in diagnostics, drug and biomarker discover and biotech research and development.
Avacta joined AIM in August 2006 and is based in Wetherby, England.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.