– IRALAND, Dublin / UK, London – Today, AdRoll, the world’s largest retargeting platform, announced the launch of its European operations to meet strong demand across the region for its high performance, transparent solutions. To lead the company’s European expansion, AdRoll has appointed former Google veteran Marius Smyth as Managing Director of EMEA. Smyth was with Google for eight years, and most recently led SMB Sales for UK and Ireland.
Aaron Bell, CEO of AdRoll, comments, “We’re excited to officially land in Europe, where we’ve already seen strong demand and results from European advertisers. Marius is a leader with blue chip pedigree, deep knowledge of the needs of European advertisers and agencies and the people skills to recruit and scale a high-performing team. We are thrilled to have him join the AdRoll family.”
Smyth says: “Having worked closely with performance advertisers and agencies across Europe during my eight years at Google, it’s clear that there is a huge need for innovative, high performance and transparent retargeting solutions. I’m thrilled to be at the helm as we build out AdRoll across Europe.”
Inc Magazine named AdRoll the fastest growing advertising company in the United States in 2012 and the third fastest in 2013. In Europe, the digital ad platform grew over 600 percent year on year in 2013, and now counts over 1,350 active advertisers. In total, AdRoll has over 10,000 active advertisers in over 100 companies that have propelled their run rate to over $100 million this year, double from $50 million in 2012.
Retargeting is a form of marketing that allows businesses of all sizes to target users who have previously interacted with their brand with display ads across the open web and Facebook. Generally, 2% of shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store. Retargeting brings back the other 98%.
AdRoll’s platform provides:
AdRoll is the world’s largest retargeting platform with over 10,000 active advertisers worldwide. The company’s innovative and easy-to-use marketing platform enable brands of all sizes to create personalized ad campaigns based on their own website data, ensuring maximum return on online advertising spend. With a 97% customer rate, AdRoll provides unmatched transparency and reach across the largest display inventory sources, including Google AdX and Facebook Exchange.
The company is backed by leading investors such as Foundation Capital, Accel Partners, Merus Capital, and Peter Thiel.
About Marius Smyth
Marius Smyth is the Managing Director of AdRoll EMEA, and is responsible for leading the strategic development of AdRoll’s business across the EMEA region. Marius joined AdRoll in 2013 to build AdRoll’s European headquarters and drive revenue growth as AdRoll expands internationally.
Prior to joining AdRoll, Marius spent eight years at Google where he managed sales and support teams across EMEA. Most recently, he was Country Head for Google’s UK and Ireland SMB Sales, part of Google’s European leadership team. Marius also led teams in Mobile, Agency and Inside Sales through his career with Google.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Comments are closed.